As a manufacturer, retailer or logistics service provider, you need to know exactly where your shipments are at all times, where they came from, and when and where they should arrive.
Standards in action
The transport and logistics sector focuses on 4 key business processes, the efficiency, speed and accuracy of which are significantly improved by using GS1 standards.
- Facilitated management of complex deliveries involving different modes of transport;
- Greater transparency in the flow of goods and cargo;
- Increased control of shipments from the container through the pallet to the individual carton;
- Shortens the time to receive the goods in the warehouse;
- Reduction of errors caused by manual data entry;
- Cost reduction;
- Faster and more flexible adaptation to a new business partner;
- Standardization of documentation and smoother exchange of data between contractors;
- Increased sustainability as a result of improved vehicle filling and reduced emissions;
- More effective management of resources;